250 gr. whole wheat fettuccine pasta
30 gr. olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped onion
¼ teaspoon grated garlic
½ red pepper, cut into thin slices
¼ teaspoon fennel seeds (anise)
1 pinch of chili flakes
30 gr. ground toast
1 teaspoon oregano
25 gr. grated parmesan and more to serve
80 gr. vodka
200 gr. Greek Florina peppers from a jar, drained
50 gr. tomato puree
1 tablespoon white vinegar
100 gr. milk
15 gr. salted butter
15 leaves of fresh basil
1. In a large casserole over high heat, boil the water for the pasta. Add the fettuccine and cook according to the instructions on the package.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, the onion, the garlic, the red pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the toast, the oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes. Add the cheese and bake for another 2 minutes. Finally, add the vodka and cook on high heat for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Add about ¼ cup of pasta water to the sauce and stir.
3. In the bucket of the mixer, add the red peppers, the tomato puree, the vinegar, the milk and the butter. Beat until mashed. Season with salt and pepper, put the mixture into the pan with the sauce and stir.
4. Using pasta tongs, transfer the pasta and the basil leaves to the sauce and stir. If necessary, add extra pasta water to the sauce to get the texture you want.
5. Serve the pasta into dishes with extra cheese, if desired.
Subscribe to receive our latest news, offers and more.