350 gr. flour
100 gr. farina soft flour
15 gr. baking powder
220 gr. warm water
60 gr. sunflower oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For the butter spread:
80 gr. butter, cut into pieces
80 gr. margarine
For the mixture with almonds:
120 gr. almonds, finely chopped
10 gr. sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the syrup:
250 gr. water
250 gr. sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Put all the ingredients for the dough in the bucket of the mixer until you have a ball of dough. Put the dough in a special bag for food and keep it aside until needed.
2. Put both butters in a small saucepan and heat them to melt.
3. In another small saucepan add the water, the sugar, the cinnamon and the lemon zest. Put the pot on the fire and let the mixture boil for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup cool until needed.
4. In a bowl, mix the almonds with the sugar and the cinnamon.
5. At this point, preheat the oven to 165 °C and grease with a little butter a round pyrex 23 cm.
6. Cut the dough into 3 pieces. We roll out the first piece in a rectangular shape using a little extra flour and a rolling pin. With a kitchen brush, spread some of the melted butter on the piece. Sprinkle with almonds and wrap the piece on its long side. Repeat this process 3 more times to have a "string" of dough and turn it into a circular shape. Place the dough in the center of the pyrex. Repeat the process with the remaining 2 pieces of dough. Place them in the pyrex around the first piece.
7. Put the pyrex in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
8. When the time is up, take it out of the oven and sprinkle immediately with the syrup. Let the tsipopita to absorb the syrup and serve it cool.
Subscribe to receive our latest news, offers and more.