70 gr. olive oil
350 gr. fine semolina
160 gr. various spoon sweets cut into small pieces
70 gr. roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
For the syrup:
1.1 liters of water
600 gr. greek soft drink soumada
3 tablespoons spoon sweet cherry with its syrup
A few of the chopped almonds
1. We will need a round form with a hole in the middle.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil well. Put in the semolina and sauté it well, stirring with a silicone spatula.
3. Meanwhile, in another smaller pot, add the water and the soumada. Put the pot on the fire, stir and let the mixture boil for 2 minutes. Remove the pot with the syrup from the heat.
4. In the pot where we cook the semolina, add a little of the hot syrup with a tablespoon and mix quickly. When the syrup is absorbed, put the next dose with the syrup, stirring quickly with the silicone spatula. Repeat the process until it absorbs all the syrup. Finally, add the ¾ of the almonds and the spoon sweets in the halvah.
5. Transfer the mixture to the form. Press it carefully to apply the hot halvah to the shape of the mold and leave it to cool. Turn it over on a serving platter, garnish with the sweet cherry and the almonds we kept behind. Cut it into slices and serve.
Subscribe to receive our latest news, offers and more.