1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
200 gr. basmati rice
500 gr. water
1 cube of vegetable broth
1 teaspoon all spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon saffron
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
100 gr. - 1 package of wine lountza, cut into pieces
80 gr. dried grapes
50 gr. dried apricots, cut into 4
50 gr. chestnuts roasted, peeled and cut into four
40 gr. peanuts from Aegina
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and ginger until the onion softens and the ginger smells.
2. Add the rice and stir until the ingredients are combined. Pour the water with the broth, the all spice, the cinnamon, the cloves, the nutmeg, the saffron, the salt, the pepper, the lountza in the pot and mix.
3. Bring the water to a boil and lower the heat completely.
4. Stir in the raisins and apricots. Close the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Before serving, mix the chestnuts and pistachios of Aegina with a fork.
Subscribe to receive our latest news, offers and more.