For the béchamel:
30 gr. butter
30 gr. flour for all uses
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
250 gr. milk, at room temperature
1 round loaf
200 gr. edam grated
6-7 slices of salami chorizo
3-4 fried eggs
To serve (optional):
Salad of your choice
Salt and pepper
1. In a saucepan, after melting the butter, add the flour and mix. Add the paprika and the warmed milk in portions. Mix well in order to become creamy. At the end, add an egg yolk.
2. Cut the chorizo into large pieces and put it in the saucepan together with half the amount of edam.
3. Cut the top of the round loaf and remove the crumb. Fill it with the béchamel and sprinkle with the remaining edam.
4. Put the bread in a pan and bake in the air at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes.
5. In a pan, fry three - four eggs. Serve the Croque Madame with eggs, green salad and herbs.
Subscribe to receive our latest news, offers and more.