2 cod fillets cut into bites
300 gr. all purpose flour
Sunflower oil for frying
For the batter:
250 gr. self rising flour
200 gr. corn flour or rice flour
330 gr. ice cold beer
50 gr. tsipouro
60-100 gr. icy water
1 pinch of granulated sugar
1 pinch of salt
For garlic with yogurt:
700-800 gr. potatoes or 3 medium potatoes peeled and cut into pieces
1 teaspoon salt
3-4 cloves of garlic
180 gr. olive oil
40 gr. apple cider vinegar
Freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons strained yogurt
1 spring onion, finely chopped
3-4 sticks of fresh thyme
1) For the batter: in a bowl, mix the iced beer, 60ml water, the tsipouro, the sugar, the salt, the flour and the rice flour. Mix well and check if you need to add a little water.
2) In a deep dish add 300 gr. of flour.
3) Cut the cod into small pieces and add salt. Dip each piece first in the flour and then in the batter.
4) In a saucepan with hot sunflower oil, slowly add the pieces of cod. To prevent the cod from sticking to the bottom, wait for it to cook a little aside before leaving it completely in the oil. For the amount of cod we have in our recipe we will need to fry in two portions.
5) When the frying is complete, take out the pieces on a plate with absorbent paper.
6) For the skordalia: mash the boiled potatoes and then beat in a blender 3-4 cloves of garlic, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Combine the puree with the contents of the blender and add two tablespoons of yogurt.
7) Serve the cod and the skordalia with thyme and spring onion.
Subscribe to receive our latest news, offers and more.